Custom welcome screens
You can create a custom welcome screen for your students.
When to Create a Custom Welcome Screen
Custom welcome screens can be useful if you'd like to give different segments of your students a special greeting upon enrollment before they jump into the course. (They will see the custom welcome screen as part of the enrollment process.)
For example, if you offer two pricing levels for your course -- one for the course only, and another price for the course plus private consulting with you -- you can create a custom welcome screen for those paying the higher price point. The custom welcome screen can include information on how and when the student will access the private consulting you're offering.
This is just one example of how you can use a custom welcome screen.
How to Create a Custom Welcome Screen
Remember, custom welcome screens are tied to individual price points. In order to create a custom welcome screen, you must first create one or more price points for your course.
- Go to your "Manage Courses" page.
- Click on the title of your course.
- In the pop-up menu of course information, click on "Welcome screen" in the left-hand Course column.
- Click the orange Create Welcome Screen to create your custom greeting.
- Create your Welcome screen.
- Type a title in the top field (required), upload a media file (optional), type your text in the main text area (not required, but a good idea!) and add any downloadable resources (optional).
- Use the checkbox(es) at the bottom of the screen to link the custom welcome to one or more price points.
- Click Save & Preview to view the new Welcome Screen.
Students will be able to find their way back to the Welcome Screen by clicking the link shown on their Course Overview page.