Mailing Lists: Integrate MailChimp
University Subscription Level
As a University Administrator or Instructor, you can integrate a MailChimp account with any Instructor's account, so that the email addresses of enrolled students are automatically added to a MailChimp list.
Step One: Integrate a MailChimp account to a Ruzuku Instructor's account
- In MailChimp, create a mailing list for Ruzuku courses. You will use just one list for all courses. Students will automatically be separated into groups based on the course name they’re enrolled in.
- In the MailChimp Dashboard, click on the account name and then Account Settings. Click Extras > API Keys.
- Under Your API keys, click "Create A Key." A new key will be generated with today’s date and time.
- In Ruzuku, click on the account name at the top of the page.
- Click on Integrations, and then on MailChimp.
- Copy the API Key exactly as it appears in MailChimp and paste it into Ruzuku. Be sure there are no leading blank spaces, or blank spaces at the end of the Key.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: When creating the signup form for the MailChimp list, please be sure that only the email address and first name fields are required. All other fields must be optional for the integration to work. Information on signup forms can be found in MailChimp's knowledge base.
Step Two: Link specific courses to a MailChimp list
In each course:
- Go to Settings in the course editor.
- Check the box to"Allow new users to sign up for your MailChimp mailing list."
- Click Save.
When participants enroll in a course, if your MailChimp list is set for a double opt-in, they'll be sent an email subscription confirmation from MailChimp and, upon confirmation, will be added to the MailChimp list.
If your MailChimp list is not set for a double opt-in, participants will be added to your list without being sent a confirmation email.
Troubleshooting Tips: You can visit MailChimp's error messages knowledge archive for troubleshooting MailChimp errors.