Payments: Integrate PayPal
University Subscription Level
As an Administrator or Instructor, you can integrate a PayPal Business account with Signature credentials in each Instructor's account, so that price points and coupon codes can be created and used for course enrollments.
Please note that we can't support you in upgrading or integrating your PayPal account. We provide these instructions as a courtesy and because we know how frustrating it is when you're trying to integrate two services and they both tell you it's the other service's fault that it's not working.
First, open a browser window and log in to the PayPal account. Open a second browser window and sign in to the University Instructor account where the PayPal account will be integrated. Note: Administrators, use the Mimic function to access the Instructor's account.
- Click Tools > All Tools at the top of the account page.
- Click the API credentials tool box.
- Under the NVP/SOAP API Integration header, click the View API Signature link.
- Under the Credential: Signature text, click all 3 of the "show" links for API Username, API Password, and Signature, to display the information.
In the University Instructor's account
- Go into the Integrations tab (click on the instructor's name at the top of the page, and then on Integrations > PayPal).
- Locate your PayPal API information in your PayPal account. (Instructions on how to do this are included below.)
- Copy and paste the PayPal API information into the PayPal integration page fields on Ruzuku.
- Save the changes.
Note: Please ensure that you copy the API credentials exactly as they are displayed in PayPal. If there is any discrepancy in the API information, participants will not be able to complete payment through PayPal. Check for extra spaces in the API information. This is a common problem when copying directly out of the PayPal website. Extra spaces at the beginning or end of the API keys will cause the integration to fail. We recommend copying the information to a text editor and then copying/pasting from there, to remove any hidden spaces.
Create price points and discount coupons within Instructor courses, linking them to PayPal for payment.