Add a poll to an activity
Add a poll to your Activity as a way of encouraging student interaction and getting some feedback!
You cannot see who voted for which option in your poll, but you will see the number of responses, and the percentage of responding students who chose each option.
How to Add a Poll to an Activity
These instructions assume that you have already created an activity and are now going to add a poll to that activity.
- Go to your "My Courses" page.
- Click on the title of your course.
- In the pop-up menu of course information, click on "Lessons" in the left-hand Courses column.
- Click the name of the activity to which you are going to add a poll. (You can click on the Activity name, or on the edit icon for the Activity where the poll will be displayed.)
- Click Add Poll:
Type in a question, and then click "Add Option".
Add the possible answers to the poll by clicking the Add option link. You may add as many answers as you wish. Then press the purple Save button to save the poll.
Edit a Poll
Would you like to change one of the responses, or the question?
Important: Changing the response options after Poll votes have been cast will change the text of the response option, but previously-cast votes will not change.
Here's how to change your poll question or responses:
- Change the text by typing over it.
- Delete a response option by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Move the order of the response options by clicking and dragging the up/down arrow to the left of the option you'd like to move.
Delete a Poll
Want to remove the poll entirely? Click the Remove Poll button shown above.
Important: Removing a poll will also remove any responses to the poll.
Student View of a Poll
Your poll will appear to your students this way:
And when they've answered the poll by selecting an option and pressing the Post button, the results of all students' responses will be displayed to them:
Students will not be able to change their choice once they have posted it.
Instructor View of a Poll
You can view the poll results by going to your "My Courses" page. Click on "Manage Course". In the drop-down menu, click on "Lessons".
Click the graph icon to view results. Results will be shown in popularity order (most popular to least).