Welcome emails are sent to students as soon as they register for your course.
How to Set Up "Welcome" Emails
- Go to your "Manage Courses" page.
- Click on the title of your course.
- In the pop-up menu of course information, click on "Notifications" in the left-hand Courses column.
- On the Notifications page, you should be on the Welcome tab.
- If you want to turn off welcome emails, select "do not send."
- If you want to send the default welcome email, select "send default."
- If you want to personalize the welcome email, select "personalize."
- Enter the Subject of your email in the Subject field.
- Type the rest of your email in the text field.
Note: "Hi [name]" is already part of the message template (between the subject and body of your email), so don't include it again in the text of your email message.
- Save your changes.
Tip: If you'd like to preview your default or personalized welcome email, click "Save and Send Preview" instead of the "Save" button. You can always return to this page and edit as needed!