Custom email announcements
Using the Custom Announcement feature, you can send emails to everyone enrolled in your course. This allows you to communicate directly with your students as your course progresses.
How to Send an Email Announcement
- Go to your "Manage Courses" page.
- Click on the title of your course.
- In the pop-up menu of course information, click on "Notifications" in the left-hand Courses column.
- Click the "Custom Announcements" tab.
- Click the "Create Announcement" button.
- Enter your subject line.
- Enter the text of your email.
If you would like to include an image in your email, click the "add image" icon in the toolbar to insert an image. You can also use the toolbar to include a clickable link, or to format your text.
Note: "Hi [student's name]" is already included in this email template, so there is no need to include that opening phrase in the text of your email message.
- Click save to save a draft of this email, or send if you are ready to send it to your students.
Note : At this time, it is not possible to schedule the email to send at a later date and time.
- Once an announcement has been saved or sent, it will appear in the list of custom announcements for this course, like this:
Click the pencil icon to edit an unsent announcement.
Click the copy icon to copy an announcement that you've already sent.