Add a discussion prompt to an activity
Activity-based discussion prompts allow your students to post and comment in the context of a specific activity. A discussion prompt will always appear at the end of an activity, underneath any other content you have added to this activity.
Your students can respond to the discussion prompt by typing in a post. They can also share an image, PDF, document, or video as part of their response.
How to Add a Discussion Prompt to an Activity
These instructions assume that you have already created an activity and are now going to add a discussion prompt to that activity.
- Go to your "Manage Courses" page.
- Click on the title of your course.
- In the pop-up menu of course information, click on "Lessons" in the left-hand Courses column.
- Click the name of the activity to which you are going to add a discussion prompt.
- Type your question in the "Pose a discussion prompt" field.
- Save your changes.
Tip : To preview how your discussion prompt will appear to your students, click "Save & View" in the upper right-hand corner.