Video webinar: prepare for a successful video webinar recording
Ready to host and record a live video webinar? Great!
We'd like to help you maximize your recording quality.
Here are some tips for making sure that your internet connection with our webinar recording server is the best it can possibly be:
- Use the most recent version of Chrome or Firefox as your web browser, and a computer with an operating system that supports WebRTC technology.
- Be sure your internet connection is stable. High-speed cable internet with an ethernet connection is the most reliable.
- Before the session starts, close down any websites or applications that could slow down your computer or application — ideally the only application you'd have running is Chrome or Firefox, with only one tab open (Ruzuku).
- Shut down other devices or services that could be competing for the internet connection (e.g. Netflix streaming, uploading a big file in the background, etc.).
- If you have trouble with the audio/video syncing during a session, try reloading the page in your browser. It will reconnect to the stream automatically.
- When you begin the webinar, please verify that a recording is being made by looking for a message and red circle in the bottom left corner of the video window. If the message and red circle are not present, the recording has not begun.
- If you have a laptop, make sure that it's plugged in. Many laptops will reduce the resources available while running on battery power.