Price points: offer a free course (PayPal & Stripe)
Offering a free course is a great way to build interest in your other courses, and to grow your email list.
Because Ruzuku requires all courses to have at least one price point, you'll need to create a Free price point in order to enroll students free of charge.
How to Create a Free Price Point
- Go to your "Manage Courses" page.
- Click on the title of your course.
- In the pop-up menu of course information, click on "Pricing" in the Sales column.
- To add a Price Point, click the "Add Price Point" button.
- Create the price point name.
- Check "free."
- Optional: To limit the number of seats (enrollments) available for this price point, enter a number in the Available Seats field.
- Optional: To open enrollment for this price point on a specific date, choose a date in the Opens field
- Optional: To close enrollment for this price point on a specific date, choose a date in the Closes field.
- When you're finished creating the price point, click the Save Price Point button. IMPORTANT: Optional price point fields include Available Seats, date the price point Opens, and date the price point Closes. Use of these fields with a price point will impact their availability for student course enrollment. The most frequent enrollment issue we hear about is the use of the Opens and Closes fields restricting enrollment in a course otherwise open for enrollment. Set course enrollment window parameters on the Scheduling screen of the course editor, and not through the price points you create. Use these optional fields only if required to limit enrollment at a specific price.
You'll then see the Free price point appear in the list of active price points for your course.
How to Share the Enrollment Link
Each price point you create through Ruzuku will have a unique registration link.
- Click on the name of the price point.
- Click on the Links tab.
- Copy your preferred link, and send it out to participants.
Note: You can either send participants to the Ruzuku-hosted sales page for your course, or directly to the enrollment form. Both links are available to you here.