Start of course email
The "Start of Course" email is sent on the publication date of your course and announces to your students that the course has started.
How to Set Up "Start of Course" Emails
- On the Notifications page, click the "Start of Course" tab.
- You should now be on the Start of Course tab of the Notifications page.
- If you want to turn off start of course emails, select "do not send."
- If you want to send the default start of course email, select "send default."
- If you want to personalize the start of course email, select "personalize."
- Enter the Subject of your email in the Subject field.
- Type the rest of your email in the text field.
Note: "Hi [name]" is already part of the message template (between the subject and body of your email), so don't include it again in the text of your email message.
- Save your changes.
Tip: If you'd like to preview your default or personalized welcome email, click "Save and Send Preview" instead of the "Save" button. You can always return to this page and edit as needed!