Welcome emails are sent to students as soon as they register for your course.
How to Set Up "Welcome" Emails
- Go the the "My Courses" page.
- Click on "Manage Course."
- In the drop-down menu, click on "Notifications."
- You should now be on the Welcome tab of the Notifications page, which looks like this:
- If you want to turn off welcome emails, select "do not send."
- If you want to send the default welcome email, select "send default."
- If you want to personalize the welcome email, select "personalize."
- Enter the Subject of your email in the Subject field.
- Type the rest of your email in the text field.
Note: "Hi [name]" is already part of the message template (between the subject and body of your email), so don't include it again in the text of your email message.
- Save your changes.
Tip: If you'd like to preview your default or personalized welcome email, click "Save and Send Preview" instead of the "Save" button. You can always return to this page and edit as needed!