Upload a video to an activity
When you upload a video to an activity, Ruzuku will host that video for you. We'll also automatically convert your video into a Web- and mobile-optimized format for your students to view.
By default, Ruzuku transcodes all video files that are uploaded into SD quality. High-definition (HD) video is video of higher resolution and quality than standard-definition (SD). Since Ruzuku transcodes all videos to SD, there may be some loss in quality and resolution if you are uploading a HD quality video. Ruzuku only supports SD quality video at this time.
Note that each video file must be no larger than 2,000 MB (2 GB).
How to Upload a Video to Your Course
- Go the the "My Courses" page.
- Click on "Manage Course."
- In the drop-down menu, click on "Lessons."
- Click the name of the specific activity to which you want to add a video.
- Click on the "Upload" link under the activity title.
Select an option from the upload dialog window. To choose a file from your computer, you can drag and drop the file or click "Choose file". You also have the option to upload a video from Google Drive, Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, a url link, or your mobile device.
- If you selected "Choose file", then simply select a video file from your computer to upload and click "Open." The supported video types for the video player are MP4, MOV, AVI, OGG, or WEBM.
Note: While an MOV and AVI file will upload, it will be converted to an MP4 to meet the html <video> tag requirements.
Tip: Your video file must be no larger than 2,000 MB (2 GB).
- Once your video has finished uploading, click "Save" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
Note : Your video upload may take a few minutes, depending on the file size and your internet connection
Tip: To preview your activity, click the "Save & View" button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.