Add content to an activity
Each activity has 6 components:
- Upload or embed a primary video or audio file.
- Write your lesson copy (text and images)
- Add a multiple choice poll
- Add downloadable resources (audio, video, PDF, etc.)
- Pose a discussion prompt
Every activity must have a title. However, it is up to you to determine which of the other 4 components you will use in each activity.
The activity title will display at the top of the activity editor page, on your Lessons page, on the Course Overview page that your students see, and on your students' Lessons page.
Upload or embed a primary video or audio file
This is where you will upload or embed the main video or audio file for this activity. The primary video or audio file will display at the top of the activity page, below the title and above any other content you include in this activity.
An activity may only have one main audio or video file.
Write your lesson copy (text and images)
The "write your lesson" section is designed for you to include text and images.
- Type in your text and format it using the toolbar at the top of the section.
- Insert links to other websites using the "insert link" icon.
- Insert email links using the "insert email link" icon.
- Add images using the "add image" icon.
Note: Ruzuku won't automatically save your work, so be sure to click the "save" button periodically!
A quick word about copying and pasting text from another word processing system
When you copy/paste text from a web page or document created with another word processing system, hidden formatting (in HTML and/or XML) from the previous location is included in what is pasted into the Ruzuku activity editor. All of that hidden formatting adds extra characters in the editor, and these extra formatting commands also prevent you from being able to use the editing functions inside the activity editor.
If you're using MS Word to format your activity text, a simple way to strip off the extra formatting is to use an online tool like Word 2 Clean.
- Paste your document into the space provided, check all the options for formatting available, and then click the "convert to clean html" button.
- The text will be converted within seconds. Then, click the Copy HTML to clipboard link, follow the instructions to press CTRL-C to copy it, and paste it into the Ruzuku editor in the Code View (click the icon shown below, in the activity editor).
- After pasting, click the purple Save button, and click the Code View icon again to go back to normal editing view.
Add downloadable resources
If you have files you want your students to download, include them in the "add downloadable resources" area. These files will display underneath the main "write your lesson" portion of your activity.
You can upload multiple "downloadable resources" to each activity. However, you will need to upload each file individually.
Tip: if you're uploading large files, make sure you're on a strong internet connection.
Add a poll
You can add a multiple-choice poll (survey) to enhance communication and interaction between your students.
Pose a discussion prompt
The discussion prompt allows you to pose a question to your students and for them to respond right in the activity.
The discussion prompt will appear at the bottom of the activity, after all of the other content components.
Remember: Every activity must have a title. However, it is up to you to determine which of the other 4 components you will use in each activity.